Monday, March 9, 2015

Little Desk Finds Grace

A friend of mine was redecorating her daughter's room and gave me this desk that no longer had an space in her new room, as it was too small for her daughter's needs.


I'm sorry I don't have a before picture of it. Sometimes I get really excited and start painting right away forgetting to take a before photo.
It was all plain stained wood.
I went with a combo of my comfort colors ASCP Old white and  ASCP Paris Gray. I painted the whole body of the desk in Old White and the front of the drawers and the front of the drop down top in Paris Gray.
I also painted the inside in Paris Gray.


I then applied a coat of stain to it.  Chalk paint really absorbed the stain so it got really dark. Oh boy, I got really scared and I was ready to repaint the whole thing! I did a massive amount of sanding to it. Just with a light sanding sponge. To brighten it up. I liked the look it achieved, kind of really distressed and antiqued.




It looked to me like it was really old and had a great history of travels around the wold! So I leave it like that.
I felt like it needed a little more, so I stencil some designs on the drop down top and in the front of each drawer.




I love how it turned out. It's a great addition to my guest room. It looks really nice against the navy blue wall. And it's a perfect little desk for my guest to check their e-mails, charge their phones, and may be write a post card like the good old days!!



Thank you so much for visiting!! Hope you enjoyed to see how this little desk found grace!!
Have a fabulous day!!
XOXO

10 comments:

  1. I hadn't thought about embellishing with stencils! Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great restoration! It looks like a really expensive piece. Welcome to blogging! Please come and link up your posts at Best of the Weekend on Friday nights at 8pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, thanks so much for the invite. I will be at your party on Friday!! So glad you like the desk makeover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your desk makeover. Just the right amount of aging and decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there - we wanted to let you know how much we love your sweet desk and to let you know you are one of our chosen features at 2 Bees in a Pod for our Something To Talk About Link Party! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your talent with our readers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful!!! I bet your friend regrets giving this away! She probably never imagined it looking like this. Thankfully you did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful!! I love chalk paint.
    Un beso

    ReplyDelete