Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Taco Chili Soup

Brrrrr, Baby is cold outside!! Perfect weather for a hot cup of Taco Chili Soup!

This is a very easy recipe and truly delicious. I am currently following the Weight Watchers program so the bonus is that it is only 2 points per cup!


Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups diced celery
1 lb extra lean ground turkey
3 (16 oz) cans of beans (black, pinto, red, kidney or a combination of your choice, not drained)
1 (4 or 8 oz) can mild green chilies
1 (16 oz) can diced stewed tomatoes
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 packet taco season mix
1 TBS green tabasco sauce


Preparation:
Saute first three ingredients over medium low heat, in a large heavy bottom pot, to tender, about 5-10  minutes. 
Add remaining ingredients and kick up the heat to high. When everything has come to a boil, lower the heat and simmer 10 or so minutes. 






Delish! 

Thanks for visiting! Have a lovely day and stay warm my friend!



2 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds delicious, especially on this chilly Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I love chili. I've never tried it using turkey before. I bet that's really good and a healthier substitute for beef. Good luck with your diet. I've heard good things about Weight Watchers. I think if I was to go on an "official" diet, I would like that one.

    ReplyDelete