Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The Mantel gets ready for Christmas

This year, for some reason, I've being really into the Christmas decorating spirit for a while. I have a rule that I do not decorate  for Christmas before Thanksgiving, so as soon as that Turkey was all gone, I started decking the halls!! 😁🎄🎅
Today I would like to show you my fireplace mantel. The colors I've chosen for my family room Christmas decor this year are red and white with a touch of gold. 





The focal point and inspiration, was this Santa needle point picture. My husband sweet aunt made it for us for Christmas last year and I know she put so much time and love into it that I wanted to give it a special place and honor her by displaying it in our mantel. 



I like to use clippings form my yard to create a "garland" across the mantel. Then I start filling the blanks with candles.  


Since I am using busy and fun Christmasy candles, I chose to use clear crystal candle holders so it doesn't get too busy. Do you spy that fabulous pillow in the chair in the corner? Stay tuned I will tell you all about it soon!


And the last step is to keep adding things until you are satisfy with the look. In my case, I sprayed painted some pine cones from the yard with gold spray paint, and added some gold ornaments. 


And there you have it! So easy, so simple and so festive!

I hope you had a fabulous day, and thank you so much for visiting me today!! XO

Sharing with:





2 comments:

  1. I like how you styled your mantel for Christmas. The artwork in the center makes the perfect focal point! Love the idea of spray painting pinecones too.

    ReplyDelete