Thursday, January 26, 2017

Maggie Moo Finds a Home!

In the region of Spain, where I grew up, there are cows everywhere! everywhere!! It is very green, with mountains and valleys where you can see cows even when you drive on the freeway, munching on some fresh grass along the sides of the roads.

Perhaps that's why I like them so much. I never realize or make that connection, until one day driving around my home town in Spain, my husband notice that and said, "now I understand why you like cows so much. They are everywhere!" And perhaps he's right, they remind me of home, of my home in Spain, of my childhood, of my roots, of where I came from!

I've seeing in a lot of fabulous kitchens this fabulous cow head, usually hang in the hood above the stove, or at least, that is my favorite place for it.  So a few years ago, I saw that cow head for sale at Decor Steals and I jumped to buy it as fast as I could.

The cow head come in the mail and I was so excited to have my very own... However I do have a microwave above  my stove and a cabinet above the microwave so I couldn't hung it there... I considered to remove the microwave and the cabinet above it, and install a "fake" hood just to accommodate my fabulous cow head, but I didn't find a way to suggest it to my hubby... I thought he might think I went completely crazy!

I tried and tried in different locations around my kitchen, I definitely new I wanted her in the kitchen... but couldn't find a home for her. So into my closet she went where she lived on a shelf for at least two years!!! Very sad... I know!

Recently I replaced the hutch in my kitchen, you can read about that HERE, and since the new hutch is much shorter than the old one... Guess what!!! I hung it above the hutch!!! Oh yes!! I am so excited to be able to display my Maggie Moo... I know some people will roll their eyes... but I just love her!!




She's so special so she's dressed up with a boxwood wreath around her neck!! Isn't she pretty!! 🐮


Before you go, I need to share some really exciting news, my french style chairs, you can read about them HERE were featured at one of my favorite Blogs, Savvy Southern Style. I couldn't believe it when I saw them featured there!! If you are not familiar with Savvy Southern Style, you need to visit this Blog, I'm pretty sure you'll love it!!

 I Hope you enjoyed the story of my Maggie Moo!! Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to say hello while you are here! I would love to hear from you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment