Monday, April 27, 2015

A new addition in the guest room

My guest room is a work in progress, as it's pretty much everything around here ;)

I feel like I always send all the cast offs to the guest room. So it's pretty much furnished with hand me downs.

I very much love the bed in here thou, it was my bed and I eyed that bed for years before I got it. It's the Mendocino bed from Pottery Barn.

Before I got married and had my own home I loved to look at the PB catalogs and dream of my future home.

I was in love with that bed since the first time I lied my eyes on it. So when I got married and hubby and I were ready to purchase a bedroom set I had no doubt of what bed to get!

It was our bed for many years, until a couple of years ago, due to the population of this home moving into our bed in the middle of the night and being a crowd of sometimes five of us in bed we decided to upgrade to a king size. So the beautiful Mendocino bed went to the guest room who was sporting a gorgeous side of the road headboard back then.



The dresser was again a hand me down from the nursery, once I redecorated my daughter's room to a "big girl" room I no longer needed that dresser in her room and off to the guest room it went.


Until the other day when I found a dresser that took my breath away, needless to say it came home with me.

I loved it so much that I wanted to put in in my room so I could look at it and see it everyday.

Truth to be told I hardly ever go in the guest room. But realistically it will look better in the guest room as the furniture in my room is black, so I decided to leave my room as is and to treat the guest room to a nice beautiful piece.

I replaced the dresser there for this "new" old one. It is an empire dresser in beautiful condition.




I love to paint furniture and the look of painted furniture. But this dresser is too gorgeous as is and it is in absolutely perfect condition. So I am leaving it alone.


I moved here the 7 Up crate that used to be in my kitchen island and put on it some amenities for my guests.


It's gorgeous, don't you think? I go now and then to the guest room and just take a quick pick at it thru  the door and always get a big smile on my face! :)

Thanks for stopping by!!
XO

Cristina
Sharing with:

7 comments:

  1. I love that bed and the wood on that chest is gorgeous. I love pretty wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cristina! We love the updates in your guest room...your guests will really like the space. They may not ever leave - you've made it so comfortable. Your PB story is so sweet - glad you still have the bed. thanks so much for sharing with us at Something To Talk About Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there Beautiful bed and chest! I have always loved the Mendocino bed! I finally found a queen size on Craigslist and then one in a king size the next day. I couldn't decide on which one, so I put the king in our master and the queen in one of the guest rooms. Then, I ran across the Farmhouse canopy bed for such a great price, I can't pass it up. What would you do? The canopy bed in the master or keep two Mendocino beds? Tough decisions!

    ReplyDelete