Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Playing in the Guest Room


I cannot wait to get outside and start a spring cleaning in my yard, but it's still a bit chilly, in the high 30s low 40s, with still some snow here and there.

Next week it's supposed to be in the 60s, woohoo!! So I'll save that project for next week. 

So this week I am focusing on cleaning the inside. This morning I started weeding closets. I cleaned my boys and my daughter's closets.

For some reason I went to the guess room and started to play with the pillows in the bed, and then I added a chair, and then I rearrange the night stand and top of desk, and then I added a pinch of this and a pinch of that, and then.... phew... no wander I'm exhausted at the end of the day!!

This is how it looked before. I cannot wait to replace the dresser BTW!!


I have this beautiful grain sack laying around from place to place without a purpose. I put a pillow inside and now it looks beautiful in my guest bed.

The end of the bed looked a bit unfinished so I added a navy blue blanket. 

I also added a plant to the top of the desk.

In the night stand I added some antique blue books with an antique bottle on top 
of them and some ironstone with a plant (I don't have a green thumb and there are little hands in this house loving to experiment with things. So for the sake of the plants, both of them are fake. If I have real ones, they will not last very long, and somebody will love to play with them and dirt and leaves will be all over the place!)












 Looks better now, don't you think?

Before I also have this basket with a couple of pillows. Now, in this place is one of the chairs that used to be in my dining room with the small 'grain sack like' pillow that used to be in the bed. And I moved the basket to the other side of the dresser.


Here is after:





This is the bench before.


And this is after:


 Please don't mind Ms. happiness dancing around!!


 Lots of little changes! hope you could follow along and enjoyed them!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
XO

Cristina

1 comment:

  1. OMG, you sound just like me. I change one little thing and then the whole room has been revamped. I have been weeding closets, too and took a ton to GoodWill.

    ReplyDelete